Leave a gift in your will

Leaving a lasting legacy to help vulnerable Victorians in the future is a simple process.

1. Get in touch

Contact our Gifts in Wills Lead, Melissa Carrozza, on 1800 668 426 or email melissa.carrozza@vt.uniting.org for a confidential discussion.

2. Speak with family members

Tell your loved ones about your wishes so they understand your decision to leave a gift in your will to Uniting Vic.Tas. While it’s a personal decision to leave a gift to charity, it is important that your loved ones support your reasons for choosing to help Uniting in such a powerful way and that your final wishes are carried out.

3. Seek legal advice

Consult a qualified legal advisor to ensure that your wishes are accurately reflected, and your will is valid. Let your solicitor know about our suggested wording for your will which is shown below.

4. Let us know your wishes

Consider letting us know when you have finalised or updated your will. We understand that planning your estate is a personal matter. However, we would be delighted to hear about your decision, so we can acknowledge you in your life time and understand your intentions.


Suggested wording for your will

The next time you’re updating or changing your will, you can ask your solicitor or trustee company to insert a few simple words. Our suggested wording for including a gift to Uniting Vic.Tas is outlined below. This short clause contains all of the details of the gift that you’d like to leave behind to continue helping people in need.

Will wording for a Bequest to Uniting

 “I _____________________________________________________ of _____________________________________________________ _____________________________________Postcode___________ give and bequeath to Uniting (Victoria and Tasmania) Limited, ABN 81 098 317 125 (or its legal successor), for its General Purposes . _________ percentage of my estate; or________ the residue of my estate or________ the sum of $ or________ specific item/s) and declare that the receipt by the Company’s CEO, CFO, Company Secretary, Director or Bequest Manager (or equivalent role) shall be sufficient discharge to my Trustee/s.”


If you would like further information about leaving a gift in your will, please email or call Melissa Carrozza, Gifts in Wills Lead, Uniting Vic.Tas on 1800 668 426 or send an email to melissa.carrozza@vt.uniting.org.