Aged & Carer Services
Older people should have opportunities to live enriching lives, and carers can be supported to take better care of themselves.
- Home Care Packages: support for older people, assessed as having low-high level care needs to remain living in their home
- Homeshare: older people or people with a disability with secure tenure looking for help and companionship are matched with companions in return for affordable accommodation
- Self-funded services: flexible, affordable in-home support tailored to the needs of the individual, their family and carers
- Quick Response Service: in-home support after a ‘trigger event’ such as flu, fall or accident resulting in a stay in a private hospital or rehabilitation
- Hospital Admission Risk Program: for people with defined chronic diseases and complex needs to reduce avoidable hospital stays.
In addition to in-home care we:
- Enable older people to maintain social networks and friendships through positive living groups and engaging day programs
- Deliver Short-term care management and support for people aged 55+ at immediate risk of being homeless.
Support is available to a wide range of people including carers of people who are ageing, carers of people with disability, carers of people with a mental illness, and young carers. Our services include:
- Access to respite care
- Information, links to other services, help to navigate the system
- Peer support and networking opportunities
- Social connectedness and capacity building
- Education and workshops to help in the caring role.